23.4.11

Off NH 49. Pamban Village, TN



Spit Image.

Why do we spit all the time? This little fellow who had come to the beach for a swim with a friend and who enjoyed posing for the camera kept spitting. It seemed like almost involuntary habit like breathing.

Even Zaheer Khan, the cricketer who features in the poster used by the Maharashtra Health Department for the anti-spitting campaign (Spitting Spreads TB) is seen spitting all the time on the field. I guess it's because the mouth becomes very dry out there in the field.

When I used to live in Bangalore, I used to use the sound 'Thoo' as a word, as an exclamation. My wife used to hate it when I did that. It's an accepted and often used Bangalorean word.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Slogan Murugan

Street Photographer

Followers

Labels